Image Map

Friday, June 7, 2013

Blueberry & Peanut Butter Green Smoothie


I love starting the day off right with a healthy breakfast. It sets the tone for the rest of the day and motivates me to eat healthier for lunch and dinner too. This smoothie is the perfect combo of delicious, healthy and satisfying and I have been making them for breakfast quite a bit recently.Today I'm not off to the best start (there was a chocolate croissant calling my name!) but maybe this smoothie has redeeming powers as well?


For you guys who haven't tried putting fresh greens (spinach or kale) into your smoothies, don't be scared. Your blender will mix it all up and you won't even taste it! This is truer for spinach than it is for kale, so I would start there. Some of you may also be thinking that blueberry and peanut butter sounds weird together, but just think peanut butter and jelly. We all know how much that combo rocks.


Blueberry & Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
1 ripe banana
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup yogurt (I used vanilla, plain or blueberry would work too)
splash of milk
1/2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon chia seeds

1. Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Add more blueberries if you want your smoothie a little thicker. Once smooth, add chia seeds and pulse several times. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. This is definitely a unique concoction, but sounds pretty interesting! :)

    x
    Tagg

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is exactly how i make my smoothies everyday! so delicious! i'll have to try and add blueberries next time to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing!!!! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.